Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Poem About a Pony

A poem about a pony, that’s what I want to write
She’s well fed, not too bony, polka dotted green and white

I won her at the circus, when I was seventeen
Her name was Halladercus, but I changed it to Maureen

I thought that we should trek the globe, we left from Illinois
I wore a cotton terry robe, Maureen wore corduroy

At first we traveled to Japan, and ate wasabi rice
I turned eighteen, became a man, Maureen contracted lice

After Japan, we swam and swam, and made it to Peru
I helped a shepherd birth a lamb, Maureen, she caught the flu

We water skied to Malawi, we got there by mistake
I hung out with a wallaby, Maureen stepped on a snake

We pogo sticked till we were sick, and ended up in Wales
I learned a secret magic trick, Maureen broke all her nails!

We snow mobiled out to Nepal, and saw a mountain range
I met a monk whose name was Saul, Maureen, she got the mange

Ziplining down the mountains, we stopped in Italy
I photographed some fountains, but Maureen just had to pee

To warm up a bit, we took our trip, to the island of Buton
I saw a sunken pirate ship, Maureen just seemed withdrawn

But we hitch hiked to Australia, to see The Barrier Reef
I learned to say “G’day to Ya”, Maureen remarked, “Good Grief!”

“You took me from the circus, where I was having fun!
I once was Halledercus, That’s it, We’re through, I’m done!”
“Oh dear Maureen, I did reply, please give me one more chance.
Just one more place, give it a try! I’ll change this circumstance!”


So the two of us, then took a bus, right back to Illinois
I told Maureen, “You shouldn’t fuss, there’s something you’ll enjoy”

And back at home, there on my farm, there was a field of hay
Maureen rejoiced, now free from harm, she said that we should stay


No comments: